About Our Family At Russ Cook & Associates, PC
At Russ Cook & Associates, PC, we strive to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for our clients. As your law firm, we want you to be at ease from the moment you enter our front doors. Every client is important, and every legal issue you face will be addressed with sensitivity and understanding.
Let Our Family Help Plan The Future Of Yours
From our offices in Brentwood, Tennessee, we counsel clients throughout Middle Tennessee. Our boutique law firm exclusively handles estate planning, estate and trust administration, and business planning matters, applying more than 30 cumulative years of experience to the most complex planning, probate, and corporate matters in the area.
Russ is the first attorney to be recognized as an estate planning specialist by the Tennessee Board of Certification and Specialization, and he holds Accredited Estate Planner and Estate Planning Law Specialist designations with the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils.
Russ has been accepted by the CFP Board as a Continuing Education Sponsor and is recognized by the Tennessee Bar Association as a continuing legal education (CLE) speaker. He provides seminars to clients, lawyers, and financial consultants, many of whom are eligible for continuing education credits for certified financial planners and attorneys.
He is also a frequent guest on the Retirement Report television show on News Channel 5 and has appeared on 99.7 WWTN, 1510 WLAC and 107.9 WMSR radio.
- Birthplace: Syracuse, New York
- Personal Motto: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- What I love most about my job: Solving complex problems
- World’s greatest invention: The motorcycle
Josh utilizes his knowledge of taxation to assist individuals and families with estate and trust planning, wealth transfer planning, and federal tax planning. Josh is the lead associate on trust administration matters, and he also advises closely held business owners regarding business succession and general corporate matters.
- Birthplace: Highland Park, Illinois
- Favorite/most life-changing book: Disciplines of a Godly Man, R. Kent Hughes
- Place I’d most like to visit: Italy
- Favorite album: Nebraska, Bruce Springsteen
Alex heads up our probate department, helping families after they have lost loved ones. His multi-faceted experience includes building a new law firm into a multistate probate litigation specialization firm. He obtained his law degree in Minnesota and is licensed in Tennessee.
- Birthplace: Wisconsin
- Favorite place: Australia
- Place I’d most like to visit: Rome, Italy
- Biggest surprise about me? I have a pet wallaby
Jaime Millsap, Business Manager
- Birthplace: Somerset County, New Jersey
- Joined RCPC: 2011
- Education: B.S. in biblical studies, Philadelphia Biblical University, Langhorne, Pennsylvania, 2004
- Places I’d most like to visit: Portugal; Norway; Yosemite; Glacier National Park
- Personal Motto: “I want to constantly be walking away from the person I was a moment ago” – Donald Miller
- World’s greatest inventions: CrossFit, bacon, and rock climbing gear
- Birthplace: Lincoln, Nebraska
- Joined RCPC: 2012
- Education: B.A. in psychology, University of Nebraska–Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, 2006
- Certification: Paralegal Certificate, Kaplan Career Institute, Nashville, Tennessee, 2012
- Place I’d most like to visit: Venice, Italy
- Biggest surprise about me? I train and run half marathons when I have the time.
- My favorite place: I love being at home with family.
- Birthplace: Miami, FL
- Joined RCPC: 2017
- My Professional Background: Court Reporting/Legal Degree – Miami-Dade College; Florida State University – 2 Years English Major; 30+ years in legal field.
- My Favorite Place: Surrounded by any or all of my large amazing family – especially my grandkids!
- What Inspires Me: The beauty of nature – mountains and the ocean.
- What I love most about my job: Connecting with and understanding clients as a result of my own experiences.
- Birthplace: Nashville, Tennessee
- Joined RCPC: 2009
- Favorite/most life-changing book: Still Alice, Lisa Genova. It is the story of a 50-year old college professor who is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. Her story has given me a deeper understanding of this horrible illness as my family and I are coping with my mother who shares this disease.
- What I love most about my job: Making each client feel welcome and appreciated when they call or come into our office.
- My hero: My daughter, Niki. She is an amazing young lady. She is strong, confident, and I couldn’t possibly be more proud of her!
Teressa Jackson, Administrative Assistant
- Birthplace: Chattanooga, TN
- Joined RCPC: 2019
- Place I’d most like to visit: China with my daughters
- What inspires me: My family
- My favorite sports team: Golden State Warriors
For more information about the lawyers at our firm, please refer to their individual profile links below.