Estate Plan Preparation From A Certified Specialist
An estate plan is essential for everyone, regardless of stage of life or economic status. If you do not have an estate plan or have not recently updated your existing plan, let us advise you of your options.
No matter your unique circumstances, the Brentwood, Tennessee, law firm of Russ Cook & Associates, PC, will guide you through the difficult yet rewarding process of establishing an estate plan that ensures that your intentions are honored with respect to your family, finances and future. Our founding attorney, Russ Cook, is a certified estate planning specialist and educator. There is no estate plan that is too complex for us to handle.
Our estate planning services include:
- Wills: A last will and testament is the cornerstone of every estate plan. Without a will, a court makes decisions in your stead, such as determining who receives your assets and cares for your children. Codicils allow you to amend, supplement or revoke portions of your will.
- Trusts: A trust can provide you with many benefits, including tax planning, keeping personal information private, avoiding probate, and saving more assets for your heirs and your charities.
- Powers of attorney and living wills: Standard documents with any estate plan or will package, a living will and power of attorney allow you to choose who will make financial and medical decisions on your behalf if you are incapacitated.
- Conservatorships: When a person is deemed incapacitated, a conservator can be named to become legally responsible for that person’s interests. These interests can include his or her physical well-being as well as finances.
- Transfers of property and assets: We also prepare any necessary documents such as deeds and promissory notes and complete all property, asset and gift transfers.
Estate Planning For High-Profile Individuals
Many of our clients are in the entertainment business and desire privacy regarding their personal and financial information. With more than 30 years of combined experience handling complex estate planning matters, we deliver top-quality work every step of the way.
What You Can Expect When You Meet With Our Lawyers
During your initial, two-hour estate planning consultation, we will gather all the information we need from you, come up with a plan, draw it out explaining every detail in terms that you understand and map out the work based on a flat-fee basis. The cost of your initial consultation is applied to the total cost of your estate planning package.
Before you leave this meeting, we will set up your next appointment at which you will execute your documents. This is typically scheduled within four weeks of your initial consultation.
Let Our Family Help Plan The Future Of Yours
Contact your No. 1 source for estate planning assistance in the Nashville area by calling the law firm of Russ Cook & Associates, PC, in Brentwood today at 615-200-9117. You may also contact us online to schedule a consultation, make a referral or book a seminar.